At New End we can have up to two Reception Classes.
If you have just arrived in the area and are looking for a Reception place now, please contact the school.
Admissions to Reception for September 2023 are made by Camden Local Authority. Parents must ensure that they complete the appropriate forms and submitted directly to Camden by the published date. A link to Camden admissions can be found HERE. This date changes annually so it is important that parents refer to the application form. For applications for September 2023, the closing date will be 15th January 2023.
Offers for Reception places are made by Camden on 19th April 2023. Camden retains control of the waiting list for reception admissions until early in the Autumn Term. At this point the waiting list is passed over to the school and it it our responsibility to offer places when they become available.
For applications for September 2024, the closing date will be mid-January 2024. (Once the date is confirmed by Camden, this information will be updated.) You can apply online from 1st September 2023.
Admission criteria (in priority order) for our school are as follows:
- Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs
- Looked After Children
- Children with a brother or sister already attending New End Primary School
- Children whom the Director of Children, Families and Schools (Camden Local Authority) accepts have an exceptional educational, medical or social need
- Children whose parent has been a qualified teacher working at New End for two years or more at the time of application and / or children of a qualified teacher at New End who has been recruited to fill a vacancy for which there is a skill shortage.
- Other children, with priority to those living closest to the school measured “as the crow flies”.
For full details of Admissions Criteria for New End, please see www.camden.gov.uk/admissions
For full details of appeal arrangements if an admission is refused, please see www.camden.gov.uk/admissions
Prospective parents and carers are most welcome to visit the school. Tours are held regularly (usually on a Wednesday morning) so please contact the office to book a place. On this tour you will have the chance to meet the Headteacher and be shown around the school. Virtual tours are also possible if relocating from further afield.
All children start in September.
An orientation meeting is held for all parents and carers whose children are joining the Reception class. This includes parents of children who already attend our Nursery and those children who are coming from another Nursery or Play Group.