Prospective parents and carers are most welcome to visit the school. Tours are held regularly (usually on a Thursday morning) so please contact the office to book a place. On this tour you will have the chance to be shown around the nursery and school by the Headteacher.
Admission criteria (in priority order where there is oversubscription) for our Nursery are as follows:
- Children with a Statement of Special Educational Needs
- Looked After Children
- Children with a brother or sister already attending New End Primary School
- Children whom the Director of Children, Families and Schools (Camden Local Authority) accepts have an exceptional educational, medical or social need
- The Governing Body has agreed priority in their oversubscription criteria for Nursery to children of staff in either or both of the following circumstances: a) where the member of staff has been employed at the school for two or more years at the time at which the application for admission to the school is made, and/or
b) the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Other children, with priority to those living closest to the school measured “as the crow flies”.
Applications for our Nursery are available from the school office. The closing date for Nursery applications is in line with Camden’s date for Reception applications. Applications for September 2020 closed on 16th January 2020. Late applications will be considered as places become available.
For applications for September 2021, the closing date is will be in mid-January 2021. Once the date is confirmed by Camden we will update this information.
Click here for the Nursery admission form.
Please note that although children attending the Nursery class frequently transfer to Reception in the school, this cannot be guaranteed. Parents and carers are advised that admission to the Reception class will be decided according to the priorities set out in the section on admissions to Reception and other classes.
For full details of Admissions Criteria for New End, please see www.camden.gov.uk/admissions