Who are we?
There are 10 of us:
- Two parent governors (elected by the parents): Michal Meidan and Bianca Mollura.
- One LA governor : Stephen Stark
- One staff governor (elected by the staff): Regis Peyraque
- Seven co-opted governors co-opted: Helen Andrews, Stephen Buzzard, Linda Davies, Tony Millard and Vassilis Zarifis
- The headteacher also attends meetings as a governor.
- The deputy headteacher and bursar attend meetings as associate members.
What do we do?
Our job is to work with the school on planning, developing policies and keeping the school under review so that all our children achieve their full potential.
Our key objectives are:
- To set high standards for all children and clear targets for improvement
- To be a critical friend in this process
- To help the school be responsive to the needs of parents and the community
We are here to ask questions, which are probing without being confrontational, and to work with the head and the staff. Governors are not involved in the day to day running of the school, respecting the professionalism of the headteacher and staff.
Click HERE to see the full details of all governors including name, date of appointment and term of office.
How do we achieve our objectives?
The blueprint for school improvement is the School Improvement Plan and this is how we can monitor how well the school is doing its job. A good plan will have clear goals and success criteria, which the governors can then review, at regular intervals.
Although raising standards is our key objective, governors also monitor many other aspects of school life – the achievement of different ethnic groups, lateness, behaviour and how our school performs in comparison with schools with similar intakes.
Meetings and committees
The governing body meets four times a year. We also meet regularly in the following committees, all of which contribute to the overall objective of raising standards.
- The Standards and Curriculum Committee was chaired by Mirit Eldor until her recent reignation and is now chaied by Michal Meidan. This committee reviews the School development plan and monitors the delivery of the National Curriculum, standards and quality of teaching and learning. They also ensure that there is good provision for children with Special Needs as well as EAL and have an overview of information about pupil performance.
- The Staffing and Finance Committee is chaired by Vassilis Zarifis. This committee is responsible for overseeing the budget in the school and deals with matters of pay, staff recruitment, discipline and grievances.
Attendance at meetings throughout 2019-2020 academic year can be found HERE. Some meetings were held remotely due to COVID-19. Committee meetings were not held as frequently for the same reason.
If you wish to contact the Governing Body or myself as Chair, please do so by email via email@example.com. If you wish to contact us on a confidential matter, you can do so by leaving a sealed letter at the school office. Please mark any correspondence to “The Chair of Governors” or “The Governing Body”. As Chair I visit the school regularly and have a designated post collection box.
Linda Davies, Chair of Governors
Signed Instrument of Government for New End Primary School
Annual Governance Statement for the Governing Body of New End Primary School
Please see the following link Governance Statement
Declaration of Business Interests
Please see the following link Declaration of Interest Form 1.2.18
Attendance at Meetings 2018-2019
Please see the following link Attendance at Governing Body Meetings 2018-19